Reading Resolutions

My reading resolutions for 2014!

So many books to read and so little time, with college and exams I find myself feeling guilty while reading a non-academic book. This year I'll try to change things a little bit and a make a humble list of reading resolutions.
The first one is very simple, finish the book I'm currently reading which is Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. The second one is to finally read The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger, I own this book for over a year now and haven't got the courage to start reading it through, it is basically a classic for the youth I think. I'm so very very curious about The Catcher in the Rye, I sincerely hope I find the time to glue my eyes into it.

I must read one book by Jane Austen, well I read some short stories but never a novel. So I'm inclined to read Persuasion but Pride and Prejudice seems to be a good option as well. I think I'll decide as I go, and I don't own any copy of these books so I'll probably decide while in the bookstore. 
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott is next, the story seems intriguing, it's about the lives of four sisters, and from what I've heard it discusses great moral issues. I don't own this one as well, but bookdepository has a beautiful edition (that I linked into the tittle here), so I'll probably order that one.
Another book I want to read in 2014 is Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald, I own a crappy portuguese copy with a bunch of grammar errors and flaws that just annoy me so I couldn't go with it! It was 2€ so I shouldn't complaint, but well.. I must purchase a new copy, probably in english this time.
Recently I bought Frankenstein by the author Mary Shelley, which we all know a little bit of, but I really want to read the book about the misunderstood Frankenstein, so that might be the next one after Lolita, who knows. This is a very short list of books I know, I hope to exceed it in no time although with classes starting in February I must hurry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment